Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

The Fortran compiler (ifort.exe) cannot be found

jianzhou_z_
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed VS2013 with Intel Parallel studio 2016

when i am trying to rebuid a solution, the error come out.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

Jianzhou

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

First, please go through the steps at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio/  It sounds as if the Fortran integration is working but the compiler can't be found. It may be a simple case of reinstalling Intel Parallel Studio. Please pay careful attention to any warning messages, and on the installation summary screen, make sure that it says it will install the Fortran compiler for 32-bit and 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Amir_Z_
Beginner

Greetings

After installing Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015, I installed the latest Intel Parallel Studio, Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 2 Cluster Edition for Windows.

Everything went fine during installation (except for some minor network problems during online installation) and the integration seemed OK, but whenever I try to start the sample code of Intel Visual Fortran (New Project/ Intel Visual Fortran/ Console Application/ Main Program Code/ Start), the following Error occurs:

"There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?"

and when I select "No", it says:

"The Fortran compiler (ifort.exe) cannot be found."

I have almost checked everything I could find on the internet. I also went through the steps at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integr...

In my "VFPackages" folder, there are four dll files (VFAVWin.dll, VFHieEditor.dll, VFProj.dll and VFProjConvert.dll), one bat file (integrate.bat) and two folders named as 1033 and 1041.

I also checked another installed language on Microsoft Visual Studio to check if the problem relates to the Visual Studio itself, but a simple program on Visual Basic Console Application worked perfectly fine!

As it was recommended by some websites, I checked the General options of Visual Fortran (Tools > Options > Intel Visual Fortran > General) and they were fine. There were .f;.for;.fpp and .f90 in the Fixed Form > Sources field and in in the Free Form > Sources field, respectively.

It was also recommended by some experts to uninstall and reinstall the Intel Parallel Studio. I try to avoid that for now (because it is time-consuming and costly!), but I tried to repair the product instead. It was supposed to "fix missing or corrupt files, shortcuts or registry entries" and perhaps fix the whole problem, but sadly nothing happened!

Now I don't have even a clue to solve this problem.

I would really appreciate if you could help me.

By the way, I am using Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Regards

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

See my reply in your other thread.

0 Kudos