Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

The New Forum

hansr
Beginner

I can't help, but its terrible.

In Opera 8.54, I can't login now, or it needs 5 or moreminutes (wait...or1cedar.intel.com...), sometimes with error message.

In IE I can't see, what I have also read, because all "Replies" are counted as "New".

If i have read a thread, how ist the way back to the thread overview list?

It seems, thatI neednow different loginsfor forum and premierintel download.

No chance to have dayly a quick view to the forum, I have not the time for it.

Hans

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II

I'm afraid I agree with you. There are some things that I don't like in the new layout of the forum either :-(

When viewing a thread I click on Next or Previous, expecting it to take me to the next or previous thread in the list but it doesn't, I end up in an unexpected thread. I have to click on the "<-Back" button (in IE) to go back to the list of messages. And, as you say, threadsthat I have read still show as having "new" posts.

But asthe designis apparentlynow under Intel's control there is hope for improvement.

Les

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There are a number of issues I have as well, and they are being raised to the developers.

One thing did not change - there was not a unified logon between the forum and Intel Premier Support before and there still is not.
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II

Steve,

Your user name - is it a title? or one of those "you don't have to beMAD to work here but it helps!" ?

:-)

Les

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sometimes I wonder. It's an artifact of the way Intel does internal authentication and should disappear in a few weeks so I'll be back to showing as Steve_Lionel.
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
MADsblionel:
One thing did not change - there was not a unified logon between the forum and Intel Premier Support before and there still is not.

Maybe, but then how did I erroneously post few days ago in this forum under my Premier account "JugoslavDujic2" (was logged on premier, then switched to here)?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I don't know. Perhaps there's some integration I haven't been told about - I'll ask.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Well, this was news to me. Apparently there HAS been such single-sign-on integration for a long time. I never knew. It is still supposed to work.
0 Kudos
wen
Beginner
On this new forum, I could not find the way to attach a file before I submit a new post. And I could not the way to let it give me a notice when there is a reply to my post.
Wen

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Attachments aren't working yet, and neither are notifications, I think.
0 Kudos
jparsly
New Contributor I

There's also something wrong with the time that it shows for the posts.

I've got my profile set to Eastern Time, but the times it shows for

posts don't make any sense. For example it is 3:35 p.m. 7/6/2006 here in East Tennessee, and the last post in the thread from Steve Lionel said it was posted

9 minutes ago (wrong!) and the the post was written 07/06/2006 at

10:25 pm.

0 Kudos
jparsly
New Contributor I

The previous post displayed a time 8 hours ahead. The forum apparently

thinks I am in Baghdad.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I have already reported to the developers that the displayed "last post" times are way off. Note that you can set your time zone under Preferences, but it doesn't help this.
0 Kudos
wen
Beginner

This is another issue. When I tried to print the whole thread, it came out only the first page, showing 1 of 1. The rest is truncated. I used to be able to print the hard copy in multiple pages.

Wen

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yep, I can see that too. I'll report it - thanks.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

A few issues I have regarding the new forum.

First, often there is extraordinarily long delays in navigating the forum. It is not unusual to have 20 second delays between click and display. Other times the delay is not bad 0.5 to 1 second. What ever is being used as a has to be reviewed as to it's suitability for purpose.

Second, the login remember password intermittently works - maybe it is the case of your new site reusing the old cookie thing.

Third, the spell check is a good touch, however, it appears to flag words that are not in my text (maybe it is picking up the http keywords).

Forth, you do not have a format mode where I can type on consecutive lines (like address without the italics). Normal inserts vertical whitespace between lines.

Jim

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Use shift-enter for
consecutive lines
like this

I haven't seen navigation delays except for the other day when there was general slowness. I'll admit it's not exactly speedy. There are odd things going on with scripts run on each page that slow things down - I'll pass on the complaint.

I've never had the "remember me" feature work, but perhaps that's because I'm using an internal authorization. I'll check that out.

Spell check - hmm - I can't get that to do anything at all for me in Firefox. I'll pass on the complaint.
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
What's the 'content selector' button for?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It's for confusing people trying to figure out what it does, which is nothing. It's not even supposed to be there. In theory, I think it's for selecting some predefined links or files that one can insert, but I'm not sure. Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
david_jones
Beginner
Presumably someone has noticed that the newish user forum for Array Visualizer has disappeared?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
For some odd reason, the AV forum shows (for me anywsy) if one is logged in. Do you not see that?
0 Kudos