Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Transition of license from PSXE to OneAPI: float to concurrent

Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Dear all,

new OneAPI Compilers has been released today and I was asked to 'upgrade' my floating license to be able to use the new OneAPI HPC classic Fortran compiler.

So I upgraded my 2 seat floating license and got a new license number. This license is show as 'concurrent user' and I'm not able to define a server MAC.

What is the concurrent user license? Was the upgrade done correctly? This is all confusing. Does every user has to ask for a 'base' license for OneAPI base and the Fortran OneAPI HPC requires the floating/concurrent license??? How do I combine these with expired floating licenses (Linux)?

Any help is welcome.

Johannes_Rieke_0-1607511281994.png

ps: I did not found a formerly present license forum, so I posted here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

As you know, there is no more license checking.   We have a support-based model now.  And the number of users for the 'concurrent' is an honor system approach - a target for your support level.  Obviously it is not checked.  But it also allows you the have X number of users register that serial number and create their own support accounts where they can open issues on Premier Support.  AND only registered users of oneAPI get email notifications of and the ability to download updates as they come out.  So it gives you Premier Support, X-user access to IRC downloads, and ability to download future versions of oneAPI.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

All licensing questions need to go in the Online Service Center.

0 Kudos
Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Thanks Steve, I will open a ticket.

I'll keep you updated, in case that somebody has the same question.

BR, Johannes

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Have you checked the Commercial Products Support FAQ?  Maybe something there will help.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

As you know, there is no more license checking.   We have a support-based model now.  And the number of users for the 'concurrent' is an honor system approach - a target for your support level.  Obviously it is not checked.  But it also allows you the have X number of users register that serial number and create their own support accounts where they can open issues on Premier Support.  AND only registered users of oneAPI get email notifications of and the ability to download updates as they come out.  So it gives you Premier Support, X-user access to IRC downloads, and ability to download future versions of oneAPI.

Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Hi Ronald, thanks for that info. I was not aware of this new license model! Need some time to understand, what that is meaning. Interesting.

So, I need the floating license and license manager just for (expired) legacy products...

Thanks, Johannes

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Good point - yes, for PSXE versions of IFORT you still need FlexLM and a license file or server. That has not changed. 

So versions 19.1 and older need Flex

The IFORT in oneAPI HPC Toolkit or stand-alone version 2021 does NOT need Flex.  IFX in oneAPI also does NOT need Flex.

0 Kudos