Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Trouble with naming a module

Navdeep_Rana
Beginner

I have a stupid problem, and most probably I have messed something up but hear me out.

I have a module of form

module linear_stability
    real(kind=8), pointer :: curl_p1
end module linear_stability

Which when I try to use in a programme spits out

error #7013: This module file was not generated by any release of this compiler.
error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [CURL_P1]

Similarly openmpi-gfortran throws

Error: Symbol 'curl_p1' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

However if I change the module name to linear_stability1 or something else, it compiles without any errors.

I have not defined the module or used linear_stability name anywhere else and I don't think any such module exists anywhere on my system. I am clueless as why it is happening.

Ideas people?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

I think you do not give enough information here. Does the error appear when compiling the module above, or does it appear when compiling your main program which includes this module? I would suspect the latter. And then I am pretty sure that there is somewhere a linear_stability.mod lying around.

Navdeep_Rana
Beginner

The error appears later, while compiling the main. Found it. As you said there was a .mod file lying around!

It was generated by a linting plugin for vim. I was being stupid.