Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26730 Discussions

VS2017+IVF2017+Windows10enterprise, VS integration failed

An_N_1
New Contributor I

Install VS2017+IVF2017 on some PCs. Most are successful installed except one PC.

I uninstall/reinstall VS/IVF times, each time the installation is completed but VS integration does not effective. Fortran entries cannot be found in VS environment.

I found the difference is that the OS is Win10 enterprise and others are window10 professional. If I change the OS to win10 pro, everythings is OK.

I don't know if it is universal since I have only one case. Just for reference.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor II

Depends on the version of Windows 10 you are using, but a recent update - about a month ago disabled something in VS2017 and broke the integration with IVF.  It took to the next update round to fix as reinstalls did not work.

Devorah_H_Intel

Please refer to this article for workaround and other information regarding this integration issue:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-tools-integration-to-vs2017-iss...

An, thank you for the report. I will update our engineering with this particular test case. If you could please provide install logs.

tkibedi
Beginner

I have a set of Visual Studio installations (2012, 2013 and 2017-community edition) and versions Intel fortran from the last 6-7 years, which have been updated several times. The latest one is Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 3. After installing this version of Intel compiler, I could compile my existing codes, but using the Debugger in Visual Studio I could not see or edit the parameter values. In a desperate attempt, I just uninstalled all versions of Intel Fortran and only reinstalled XE 2018 Update 3, but the problem persists. Any suggestion to resolve this issue?

mecej4
Black Belt