Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Trying to migrate old project

d_shalashilinleeds_a

I just bought Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows and cannot comple my old project in th enew Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, It says

1>ipo: error #11018: Cannot open cxmldll.lib

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'cxml.lib'

What should be done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

cxml.lib was the Compaq Extended Math Library. It is not provided with Intel Visual Fortran, but the Intel Math Kernel Library may have equivalent routines. Remove the reference to cxml.lib from your project properties (it may be under Linker.) Set the property Fortran > Libraries > Use Intel MKL > Parallel. See if your program will build and run now. If you get different link errors, you'll need to figure out which MKL routines, if any, are appropriate substitutes for CXML calls.

0 Kudos
d_shalashilinleeds_a

Hi Steve

Thank you for swift reply. I removed Compaq Extended Math Library from my project, but now it cannot find MKL The message is :

Error    1          fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_intel_s.lib'        LINK

Does it mean that MKL was not installed? All the best Dmitry

One more issue: I suddenly started getting all posts in the forum in my e-mail. How to set the forum such that I would be getting only answers to my own questions?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Try this. In the project properties, change Fortran > External Procedures > Calling Convention to "Default". Your old project is using CVF for the convention and it's looking for the STDCALL MKL libraries which aren't supplied anymore (by default? Not sure...) Note that you'll want to make these same changes for the Release configuration. While you're in there, remove /machine:x86 from the Linker > Command Line property.

0 Kudos