Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64) not supported by Intel parallel studio XE 2016 for linux

Kyungjun_C_
Beginner

I am interested in installing trial version of Intel fortran and C compiler. But while installing the programs fails at Prerequisites. Even update 3 doesn't support ubuntu 16.04 LTS. For Ubuntu 16.04 which version should I use? Do I have to wait until additional composer update?

Regards,

Kyungjun.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If it is simply a question of your Ubuntu being a newer version than the one which was tested (which should appear in the Release Notes after you install, as well as in the page posted on line), you should be able to accept the untested combination.  You could still file problem reports if it should become necessary:

For development of IA-32 or Intel® 64 architecture applications, one of the following Linux distributions (this is the list of distributions tested by Intel; other distributions may or may not work and are not recommended - please refer to Technical Support if you have questions):

• Debian* 7.0, 8.0
  • Fedora* 21, 22
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 5, 6, 7
  • SuSE LINUX Enterprise Server* 11,12
  • Ubuntu* 12.04 LTS (64-bit only), 13.10, 14.04 LTS, 15.04
  • Intel® Cluster Ready
  •  
0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

To add to Tim’s reply, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will have official support in our next major release due out later this year. That release is currently available for Beta testing under our Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Beta program if you would like to evaluate that under your current OS.

0 Kudos
Duncan_P_
Beginner

Can anyone confirm whether upgrades to the 2017 edition will be covered under the 'one year of updates' included with a license? I've just bought the 2016 version for use on a 16.04 machine after trialling on a 14.04 machine...

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Yes it will. Refer to My current support subscription is ending soon, how can I receive the latest software? at https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe-support/faqs

0 Kudos