Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Unable to install Intel Fortran 2022

van_der_merwe__ben
New Contributor I

We are a company with many registered Intel Fortran users. We are moving to Visual Studio 2022 and Intel Fortran Legacy 2022. It installs fine for most users, but a few users are having issues.

One user has Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise Edition installed, and when he runs this installer component:   w_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.0.77_offline.exe he sees what is shown below.

Please help!

He sees this:Inst1AInst1AInst1BInst1B

0 Kudos
6 Replies
van_der_merwe__ben
New Contributor I

We shall try the install in safe more and attach and installation log shortly.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I would try uninstalling Visual Studio, rebooting, and reinstalling Visual Studio, then the oneAPI install. I don't think Safe Mode will help you here. 

0 Kudos
van_der_merwe__ben
New Contributor I

What the person did (not that I would recommend it) was to replace his copy of this file

of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.DLL 

with the one from my machine (where it installed fine). This file is described as: "Native query API for enumerating Visual Studio setup instances." and you can get it from nuget (which has the 3.0.3392 version).

Mine is this one and it works: 3.0.4492.23473 date 23/10/2021

This version does not work and give the error: 3.1.1126.51066 dates 18/11/2021

Steve, can you please give this as feedback to the installer team? I would since we have paid membership, but I think all the support now gets routed to this forum.

Now my compilers and Windows version are all fully up to date. Not sure why it has an older version of that dll or what updates it. Weird.

But the Intel installer team should be able to run against the defective version and see where it fails.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Since you have paid for support, please create a support ticket. We work on those tickets before addressing issues posted here.

0 Kudos
van_der_merwe__ben
New Contributor I

Customer support request no: 05376139

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

As we have resolved the issue in priority case: 05376139, we are closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos