Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Unneeded recompiles

Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

While doing test runs inside the IDE (to allow use of the debugger), several (but not all) of my modules are recompiled, in spite of lack of changes.  I remember seeing a post on this topic recently, but failed to bookmark it.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Mahalo, Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

There was this recent thread about projects always rebuilding. In some replies to that thread, other references were given to some other recent related threads.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

What version are you using?

Circular dependencies are a common cause. If you do a clean build do you get any errors (e.g. can't find module) at the first build?

0 Kudos
Mike_M_1
New Contributor I

Andrew and Kevin,

Circular dependencies were indeed the problem.  Module A "USEd" Module B in several of its subroutines, but without calling any of the routines in Module B.  However, Module B USEd and called subroutines in A.  Eliminating the references to Module B solved the problem.  However, trying to do a clean build led to other problems that needed resolution before I could fix the one above.  The good news is no more needless recompiles.

Mahalo for you assistance, Mike

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Glad you resolved it.

0 Kudos