Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28712 Discussions

Upgrading integration IDE from 10.1 to Composer XE 2011

Brian_Francis
Beginner
We've been happily running Visual Studio 2005 with Intel Fortran 10.1, but we have decided to upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 for our next release. Accordingly, we went out and purchased a bunch of Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 licenses to match the VS 2010 ones.

When installing the new Fortran, we get the ominous message "If you proceed to install the IDE integration for Intel Composer XE 2011, you will be unable to use the Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 10.1, 10.0 or 9.1 within the Visual Studio IDE (if it is currently installed)"

What I am hoping is that if I press "Next" on the installer...

a) Visual Studio 2005 with Intel Fortran 10.1 integrationwill remain unchanged, so we can continue supporting our currrent product release under this configuration; and

b) Visual Studio 2010 will be upgraded to include integration support forIntel Fortran XE 2011. (Currently our VS 2010 installation does not recognize Fortran).

So, Next, Back or Cancel?

Thanks,

Brian.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Brian_Francis
Beginner

Poking around while waiting for an answer I came across this thread that hasthe solution. And yes, I did a search before posting but was looking for "IDE" in the title since "IDE" in the body had too many hits.

Happy coding all,

Brian.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Does that solution work for you?
0 Kudos
Brian_Francis
Beginner
Hi Steve,

Yes it does.

I had the same results as Larry, namely: When running the repairvs05integration.exe in administrative mode, I received the messages: "Error while unregistering VFProjConvert.dll. Error accessing the OLE registry." When I reopened VS 2005, the Intel Fortran 10.1 Integration was missing.

I reinstalled the 32-bit and 64-bit Intel 10.1 compilers, cleaned and rebuilt a small project and then ran regression tests. All is well.

Thanks,

Brian.
0 Kudos