Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Urgent ! CVF project to Intel Visual fortran

harneet_singh
Beginner

Hi I had a project in CVF. We made a fortran dll using that. I added the code in a new fortran dll project in VS2005 when I am building the code I am getting the following error.

Error24 fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x2A8C:dforrt.dll

I am adding the dlls using the following process.

project->properties->linker->additional dependencies-> here i am givin "C:*.dll" since I am using multiple dlls while reading dforrt.dll i get this error can you please help me out.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It is incorrect to add .dll files to additional dependencies. What you want to specify instead is the export library (.lib) that was created when you built the DLL.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You can't use the CVF run-time libraries with ifort. You must allow the compiler to choose the appropriate libraries.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You CAN do this by isolating the CVF code into a DLL, with some limitations. I think that's what's being done here.
0 Kudos
harneet_singh
Beginner

Thanks Guys i guess i have figured the problem . That is I have one dll which has a dependency on dforrt.dll since it was buit in CVF I guess I have to rebuilt that dll using IVF.

0 Kudos