Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

Usefull tools in the IDE of cvf not found in the IFC's IDE

ESTIENNE_j_
Beginner

I recently switched from CVF to IFC. I don't find the following usefull topics in the IDE of IFC. Perhaps its possible to configure them, butI did't found how to proceed:

1:For fixed format files, in CVF line 6(continuation line) is always colored, which is extremely usefull to reference & quicky view the starting command row. In IFC it is coloured only when a continuation symbol present

2: inthe project manager & viewer,virtual directories toencapsulate some source files can be created. No copy & past of directory or filesis available inside the project or ioutside another projects in the same workspace. The files & directories cann't be aligned alphabetically, by files & directories, ...

3: The include files do not automatically happen in the worspace viewer

4: Missing combo box for selecting the required active project of the workspace

5: no button to lauch the release version of the executable. It seems the launch button works only in the debug mode.

6: on large projects including complex derived type structures & a large number of files, the converter from CVF to IFC do not work properly. Strenge messages result after the link. I finally rebuilt manually and this times, it worked.

thanks for response or improving the IDE

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

1 This behavior cannot be configured.

2 You can create "folders" in a project and move files back and forth.

3 Coming in next release

4 Please explain this further

5 This is the MS default. You can add the button back to the toolbar - it is "Start Without Debugging" using Tools..Customize

6. If you have an example of this, please submit it to Intel Premier Support.

0 Kudos
ESTIENNE_j_
Beginner
Point4: see attached file from CVF: combo box for selecting directly the project inside the workspace
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I don't see an attachment.

Please note that the organization of projects and solutions in the newer VS is not under our control, and in some cases means doing things a bit differently from CVF/VS6. In particular, the notion of a workspace as just a collection of projects is replaced by that of the solution which is actually a thing that can be built.

0 Kudos