Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28631 Discussions

VC++ calling fortran function and fortran function calling a c++ function

ramnath_b
Beginner
Hi Tech Gurus

For the past few days I am trying to connect fortran functions compiled in MSPower station (4.0) from MSDev studio 97 (VC++). I have been successful in calling fortran functions from vc++ by compiling fortran functions in MSPower Station as libraries and linking them in vc++ (MSDev Studio).

But when I try to call a C function in dev studio from one of the fortran functions through "INTERFACE TO SUBROUTINE" by passing (C,REFERENCE), I am getting "Unresolved External Symbol _functionname ".

I need a solution for this very badly as my project design hangs on the feasibility of calling a fortran function from vc++ which in turn calls a c or c++ function to get few values / to use dialog resource.

Please HELP ME!!!!

THanks in advance

Ramanathan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This forum is for discussion of Intel Fortran for Windows or Compaq Visual Fortran only - not Microsoft Fortran PowerStation. If you purchase either the Intel or Compaq products, we'll be glad to help you here. Otherwise I suggest you post your question in the microsoft.public.fortran newsgroup.

Both Intel Fortran and Compaq Visual Fortran are capable of mixed-language applications and provide documentation and (in the case of CVF) examples of doing so. Microsoft Fortran PowerStation was withdrawn from the market in 1997.

Steve
0 Kudos