Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

VS Integration in XE 2017 update 4 Fortran Documentation

David_DiLaura1

What happened to the Fortran documentation. Hitting the F1 key on highlighted Fortran syntax in code used to summon the Intel Fortran documentation, bringing up the right page. Now, the VS documentation comes up with whatever is close. Is there a new/changed/altered setting with this update?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I am not aware any changes that were expected with this. I am getting this combination installed to investigate.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I am not experiencing any issues with F1 with VS 2017 Professional (VS 15.0.0+26228.9) and PSXE 2017 Update 4. What version of Visual Studio are you using?

0 Kudos
David_DiLaura1

Kevin,

Thanks for checking. I'm running VS 2015. I have not installed VS 2017 (yet).  As it turns out, it was necessary to reboot my machine to tet the F1 Fortran docdumentation function to work again.

David

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Ok, thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear its been cleared up. I don't know what could have been the cause.

Perhaps you are an active forum reader but if not just a heads up that we are receiving reports of problems installing/integrating VS 2017 and the PSXE 2017 Update 4. Those issues are still under investigation. Not everyone is experiencing issues but some are so if not pressed you might hold off installing that combination at the moment.

0 Kudos