Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Version 8.0 Emulate Version 7.0

ajp78
Beginner
For various reasons due to the code I am working with and some of it's libraries, it will not work with Intel version 8.0 Linux for either the c++ or Fortran compilers. My question is simple, is there a compiler option to make version 8 emulate version 7 for both compilers, as if I had version 7 installed??? I don't want to have to take 8.0 off and but on 7.0. My second question is if this is the case, and I cannot emulate 7.0 with 8.0, where can I get 7.0, as the download does not appear on the site?? I'd like the latest version of 7.0 for both Fortran and c++ to download but can't find it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You don't give enough information to answer accurately. If your C++ with icc-7 uses the default option -cxxlib-icc, while your icc-8 is defaulting to -cxxlib-gcc, you may need to specify -cxxlib-icc and -lcprts to make 8.0 consistent.
Installations of 7.1 and 8.0 compilers don't conflict, as long as you install correctly and don't get the PATHs or .o files mixed up.
If you have a paid license for Intel compilers, the current 7.1 compilers should be available to you to download from premier.intel.com. Go to File Downloads, Intel C++/Fortran compiler for linux, Display File List. get (currently) l_fc_pc_7.1.042.tar and the corresponding c++ compiler. If you are paid up, and they aren't available to you, you should post an account maintenance problem report.
0 Kudos