Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

undefined reference to `errno'

Anonymous7
Beginner
I've just installed Intel_Fortran_linux_8.0.034 on my Redhat 9.0 (ia32) and try a simple test file :
program test
implicit none
real:: x
x = 1.0
write(*) x
end program
But get the below messages :
/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libIEPCF90.a(f90file.o)(.text+0x4746): In function `FileOpen':
: undefined reference to `errno'
/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libIEPCF90.a(f90fioerr.o)(.text+0x4d3): In function `f_f77ioerr':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libIEPCF90.a(f90fioerr.o)(.text+0x6d9): In function `f_fiomess.':
/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libIEPCF90.a(f90fioerr.o)(.text+0x76b): In function `f_seterrno':
I've no idea about this errors, can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance :-)
Jason
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You say you installed the Fortran 8.0, without upgrading to a current version, but you quote errors from linking against the Fortran 7.x library. Maybe you have an Intel Fortran 7 installation on your PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The Fortran 8 and 7.x libraries are incompatible. Also, the glibc of red hat 9 and more recent linux distributions has changed the handling of errno and ctype, so you could see errors like these if you installed Fortran 7.x on an older distribution, or used a very old 7.x, and then tried to link against a more recent glibc. In fact, the Fortran 8 version you quote would not be compatible with red hat 9.
0 Kudos