Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran Window Applications

resta
Beginner
I need your help people.I can noway understand how a window application is made using compaq visual fortran.What are the requirements excactly?how do workspaces and projects work?can someone tell me where to look for information?the online documentation tells me nothing and little I can under stand from the examples.
thanx a lot.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ahasan
Beginner
Norman Lawrence's book "Compaq Visual Fortran, A Guide to Creating Windows Applications" is a good introduction to CVF or IVF windows programing.
0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
What 'on-line' documentation are you referring to when you state it has shortcomings? Do you actually have CVF installed?
I attach some screen-shots (as a PDF file) showing how a workspace and a project is displayed in CVF. A project exists as a project file containing a list of files and resources needed for that project as well as storing dependencies that a project may have on other projects. These files can be seen in one of the tabbed left-hand panes. The screen shot shows a FORTRAN .F90 file open in the right-hand editor window, also with a dialog box template taken from the 'Resources' pane (see 1st and second screen shot, where the 'resource editor' pane displays the dialog template on top of the text editor pane). You can open,close, move and resize all the windows. The FORTRAN file shown open in the screen shots shows all the code needed to control the activity of a 'dialog-box' based win32 window application, whose top level dialog is shown. Call-back routines are assigned to each button in the dialog to carry out the processing required by the user as each button is pressed. The call-back routines and number-crunching code are in other files in the file-list.
The project 'settings' are automatically stored by the Developer Studio in a *.DSP (project)file (a text file that MUST NOT be edited as such under painof screwing it up!) and this stores amongst other things, the (possibly default)compiler options selected and the libraries to be searched etc. etc.
A workspace (*.DSW file) can contain details ofmore than one project.

Message Edited by anthonyrichards on 08-03-2004 06:28 AM

Message Edited by anthonyrichards on 08-03-2004 06:28 AM

Message Edited by anthonyrichards on 08-03-2004 06:30 AM

0 Kudos
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
Here is the attachment, hopefully!
0 Kudos
ubanhardt
Beginner
Using Quick Window is more easy than a window-application. Open CVF, menu File /New.../ and look for Quick Win Appliation.
For learning Quick Windows, I used the book "Digital Visual Fortran Programmer's Guide" by Michael Etzel and Karen Dickinson.
Quick Win is a subset of the Win32-application. Not all, I wanted, is working. So I could not make menus in my windows.
0 Kudos