Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Fortran V9.0 on Windows 10 Support

Darryl_D_
Beginner

Hi Guys!

A number of years ago we purchased a copy of "Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 9.0 for Windows" which was installed on an old Windows XP Home machine, and running fine; recently we have upgraded to a new Windows 10 Professional machine onto which we would like to move the Fortran compiler.

We managed to get the initial "Intel Software Setup Assistant" running using the XP compatibility mode, but all of the "Intel Visual Fortran Compiler" installation options all give the same error message "This installation package is not supported by your processor".

Is there a method we could follow to allow us to install the Fortran 9 compiler on a Windows 10 Professional machine?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

given that is 10+ years old biting the bullet and buying the latest compiler would seem like a good idea IMO. You could try Gfortran. The the program 'standard' Fortran or does it use vendor specific extensions  e.g. Quickwin?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What is the name of the installer EXE you are running? While the combination is absolutely not supported by us, I don't offhand know of a reason why it would not work. However, I agree completely with Andrew that using a version that old is likely to have other problems.

0 Kudos
Sten_L_
Beginner

Hi Steve (as I assume you will answer)#

I have the Parallell studio Xe2013. Will this software rin under windows 10 or  do I need to update again

Sten

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Sten, the 2013 edition should work ok. I don't know that we've tried that but I have not seen any issues with installing older versions of the compiler on later versions of Windows.

As for 9.0, assuming that you have a supported Visual Studio installed (none that are supported by 9.0 are supported on Windows 10), you can get it to install by unzipping the installer EXE (I used 7-Zip) and running setup.exe.

0 Kudos