Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Source Safe

tmcole
Beginner
I have just purchased and installed Visual Source Safe 6.0 that also includes Visual Studio 6.0. Now when I bring up help in Visual Studio, I get everything except CVF help. Typical of the way software is being sold nowadays, there is no user manual or installation guide so I don't know what or if I could have done anything wrong.

Also, is anyone familiar with how VSS integrates with CVF (or now IVF) FORTRAN. Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I have not been able to see that VSS is integrated anywhere with IVF/CVF when I bring up CVF. Thanks,

Tom
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
For your first question see this knowledge base article.

I have not an answer to your second question. You should see "Source Controle" under "Project" in CVF menu, and under "Source Controle" there should be "Add to Source Controle..." and "SourceSafe". You maybe need to install the VSS in the same "Microsoft Visual Studio" folder where CVF resides.

Sabalan.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
For your first question see this knowledge base article.

I have not an answer to your second question. You should see "Source Controle" under "Project" in CVF menu, and under "Source Controle" there should be "Add to Source Controle..." and "SourceSafe". You maybe need to install the VSS in the same "Microsoft Visual Studio" folder where CVF resides.

Sabalan.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You're using CVF. There's no IVF. (In the future there will be an Intel Visual Fortran, but you won't see us referring to it as IVF...)

VSS integrates into CVF exactly as it does into MS Visual C++. You will see options such as "place this project under source control", etc. The Fortran side of things doesn't know nor care that VSS is there - it's all handled by the Microsoft code in Developer Studio.

Steve
0 Kudos