Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26755 Discussions

Visual Studio Debugger Not Showing Variables

ScottBoyce
Beginner

Not sure if this is a bug, setting, or if its just plane not possible. When I run Visual Studio 2012 in Debug mode and stop at a break point not all variables are viewable. In particular it will not show some Derived Data Types (typically an allocatable type that contains allocatable types). This is a bit frustrating because, they are allocated and have values, but I have to constantly make dummy variables (e.g. TMP = A%B%C and look at TMP to get C) in order to see what value is set in the derived type.

Is there a setting or some way to have the compiler make all the variables viewable via the "Add Watch" or "Quickwatch" options.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

"typically an allocatable type" I presume you mean you can get the problem with any derived type and allocatable is not a required feature to get the problem?

I have another thread https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/713639 which may be the same problem but there is no formal response as yet. It helps if you can post a simple but complete example of something that does not work.