Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Studio comaptibility

luigi_mazza
Beginner

Hello I change my PC with a new one and I have now a lot of problems.

I have a big code a DLL Fortran (the core of the program) guided from a VB.NET main.

I have two installation of Visual studio:

Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2017

I'tried to install intel 2019 and all seems be ok with the installation (Visual studio 2010 whth Fortran Intel at this point does'nt work)

When I try to use my code I've a lot of problems that before i don't had.

For example a sample piece of code works fine in little program but inside in my big code give me an incompresible error
For exampl internal reading
read(string(21:25),'(BN,I5)') Ivalue
give me the erorr end of record during read. the value of the string in debug is (21:21) is '    1'.

Now I removed Intel 2019 and I want try to use  Visual studio 2010 (the same of the old PC).
My question is:
Which version of Intel Fortran I've to install with Visual Studio 2010?
Which version of Intel Fortran I've to install with Visual Studio 2017?
Can these two version works on the same PC?
Thank you at anyone can hel me.
Luigi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
luigi_mazza
Beginner

Now I've installed MS Visual Studio 2010 and Intel fortran 2011.

The compiler Intel seems to work but the llinker give me ther error

Errore 1  fatal error LNK1104: impossibile aprire il file 'MSVCRTD.lib' LINK 
Any Idea?

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Your post should have been posted to the Intel Fortran for Windows forum, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows .

The file MSVCRTD.lib is part of the Microsoft SDK, and should have been installed with or added to VS 2010.

The software prerequisites for Intel Fortran may vary with the release version, but you can find those prerequisites by reading the relevant release notes: http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/2836/w_fcompxe_2011.13.371_Release_Notes_en_US.pdf .

What does your LIB environment variable expand to?

0 Kudos
luigi_mazza
Beginner

In Visual Studio for the section Intel compiler on Library I have:

$(IFortInstallDir)compiler\lib\ia32;$(IFortInstallDir)mkl\lib\ia32;$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\lib;$(VCInstallDir)lib;$(WindowsSdkDir)lib;$(FrameworkSDKDir)lib;

In the computer I have thr Path variable set to:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl;D:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\ia32\mkl;%F_EM64T_REDIST12%redist\intel64\mpirt;%F_EM64T_REDIST12%redist\intel64\compiler;%F_IA32_REDIST12%redist\ia32\mpirt;%F_IA32_REDIST12%redist\ia32\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64_win\mpirt;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64_win\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32_win\mpirt;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32_win\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSA\10.0\VsaEnv;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\mpirt;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\mpirt;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\compiler;C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Access Connections\;D:\MSC.Software\MSC_Nastran\20161\bin;d:\Program Files (x86)\ZipGenius 6\;%systemroot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I don't see anything amiss except for one item: your PATH has 32-bit and 64-bit folders combined, and that can definitely cause problems.  That could be the result of previous attempts to install VS and Intel Fortran, followed by incomplete uninstalls.

Similarly, if the INCLUDE and LIB environment variables mix up 32-bit and 64-bit folders, there will be problems. The LIB value that you reported appears not to have that problem, since "64" does not appear in it -- at least, explicitly.

The library in question, MSVCRTD.lib, should be located in $(VCInstallDir)lib . Can you find the file in that place?

0 Kudos
luigi_mazza
Beginner

I don't know what is the value of  $(VCInstallDir)lib.
How is possible to see it?

In the meanwhile I have resolved my problem, because I have also a program in C Language and I've seen  Visual Studio can not compile it.
So I have  installed again Visual C and now also the LNK1104 disappear.
For a reason I don't know there was a proble with C compiler installation.
Thank you for the help

0 Kudos