Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Studio - immediate window

Leos_P_
Beginner

I have noticed that when I am using VS2015 in conjunction with Intel Fortran, when debugging, Immediate window cannot process intrinsic functions. It is aware of all variables but e.g. for SIN(1.0) it gives Undefined variable SIN. Is this by design and there is no way around that or is there something wrong with my configuration?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's would be a "feature request". It's not a claimed feature of the product today.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's would be a "feature request". It's not a claimed feature of the product today.

0 Kudos
Leos_P_
Beginner

Thank you for explanation.

0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I

Hello Steve, I think we are all glad to have you and your valuable contributions back again in this forum. I missed your comments during the last month.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

@Leos - I will craft a small reproducer and submit a feature enhancement for this (and then update the internal tracking id below).

(Internal tracking id: TBD)

0 Kudos
HilarioCastro
Beginner

Hello forum fellows, 

Does anybody know if there is already a fix for this issue? I am currently running into the same issue when using Visual Studio 2019.

Cheers,

Hilario

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I don't think there is anything to fix. This is just not a feature of the debug integration.

HilarioCastro
Beginner

Hi Andrew, 

Probably I didnt phrase it clearly. I was wondering if the feature had already been implemented.  But it is clear from your answer.

Thank you

0 Kudos