Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Warnings when linking executables

Alexander_C_1
Beginner

I recently updated the compilers from 2015 to 2017 on my Mac Pro (running El Capitan), and now whenever I compile anything (Fortran or C), during the linking step I get the following errors:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.132/compiler/lib'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.132/mkl/lib'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187/ipp/../compiler/lib'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.3.187/ipp/lib'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.132/tbb/lib'

I'm guessing that what's happening is that even though I uninstalled the 2015 compiler, somehow the linker is still looking for it. It still compiles the code, so really the warning is more of an annoyance rather than a hindrance. However, I have no idea how to get rid of the old folders from the linker path? I've tried searching around but can't find anything useful.

And it does this whether or not I do source /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries/mac/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Thanks,
-Alex

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

It is not clear what leads to inclusion of those 2015 paths. Did you uninstall all the different 2015 updates that are visible in the messages? Which particular 2017 release did you install?   What Xcode do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Alexander_C_1
Beginner

Yes, I ran the uninstall scripts in all of the old versions of the compiler prior to installing the new version. Specifically, I'm running Compose XE 2017, version 17.0.1. Xcode is version 8.1.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I reproduced this at least one way. Please check if you have the LIBRARY_PATH environment variable set that contains those paths and if so then remove any that are no longer needed and retry the compilation.

0 Kudos
Alexander_C_1
Beginner

Thank you, Kevin! That appears to have done the trick.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Great, glad that was it.

0 Kudos