Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28703 Discussions

What causes "No such EnumMachine" error?

postaquestion
Novice
I compile demo code, then try using the debugger: ifort -g int_sin.f90;(idb) load a.out
Reading symbolic information from /home/(userid)/src/Source/PBplus/a.out...Assertion failed: !"No such EnumMachine"src/appl/hw/machine.C331
This is an unexpected condition and may indicate the presence of a defect.
If you wish to report this, please include the stack trace that follows.
Could not start process for a.out
No image loaded ... Recovering ...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The only references I could find to this message in our problem database were from users of an old 9.0 version of idb and the problem went away with a 9.0 update. I could not see any explanation of what caused the error and none of the users who mentioned this error submitted a test case.

Which version of idb are you using? If it is a current version, I would recommend submitting a test case to Intel Premier Support.

0 Kudos
Kevin_L_6
Beginner

thanks for your reply, sorry i didn't get right back.

idb -v says it's version 9.1-24. i was able to step through the code using gdb, but couldn't print the values assumed by the variables.

how do i go about sending a test case to Intel Premier Support?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Start here. You could also follow the "Tech Support" link on this forum's home page or follow the instructions in the compiler release notes.
0 Kudos