Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28592 Discussions

What does Redistributable Libraries used for

brickflying
Beginner
I have download intel fortran and c compiler for linux. My system is Ubuntu9.0.4. Do I need to install Redistributable Libraries? What does it used for? Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Nope. Those are intended for installation on a system where there's no Intel compiler installed in order to satisfy the run-time library dependencies of an application executable built using the Intel compilers.The typicalapplication of these is one builds their application using the Intel compiler and then makes the application executable available to others to run on their system (where there's no Intel compiler). Persons wanting to use the application would install the app and the Intel redistributable libraries in order to run the application executable.

The Redistributable Libraries avoid making others also purchase the Intel compiler to run the application, or the provider of the app shipping the required Intel run-time libraries the app depends on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Nope. Those are intended for installation on a system where there's no Intel compiler installed in order to satisfy the run-time library dependencies of an application executable built using the Intel compilers.The typicalapplication of these is one builds their application using the Intel compiler and then makes the application executable available to others to run on their system (where there's no Intel compiler). Persons wanting to use the application would install the app and the Intel redistributable libraries in order to run the application executable.

The Redistributable Libraries avoid making others also purchase the Intel compiler to run the application, or the provider of the app shipping the required Intel run-time libraries the app depends on.
0 Kudos