Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

What does "Service & Support Renewal Pre-expiry" mean

Tai_Q_
Beginner

My research group is now considering buying a IVS compiler and install it to one computer. Then I found the cheapest one is:

Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows - Named-user Academic (Service & Support Renewal Pre-expiry) [Electronic Delivery]

It is only $199. So what does Service & Support Renewal Pre-expiry mean? My group will use it to run some short fortran codes. So any suggestions if we buy this one?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That won't work for you - it's for renewing support for an existing license, not buying a new license. "Pre-expiry" means that you buy the renewal before your support term expires, and we give you a bigger discount for doing so.

When you buy a new license you get one year of service and support, meaning all updates and versions released in the next year and access to Intel Premier Support. Once the support term expires, you can keep using the product but can't get newer updates nor can you use Intel Premier Support. To continue getting product updates and full support, you would then buy support renewal.

As a new customer you will have to purchase a full license. We have Academic pricing if your organization qualifies, otherwise you would purchase a Commercial license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That won't work for you - it's for renewing support for an existing license, not buying a new license. "Pre-expiry" means that you buy the renewal before your support term expires, and we give you a bigger discount for doing so.

When you buy a new license you get one year of service and support, meaning all updates and versions released in the next year and access to Intel Premier Support. Once the support term expires, you can keep using the product but can't get newer updates nor can you use Intel Premier Support. To continue getting product updates and full support, you would then buy support renewal.

As a new customer you will have to purchase a full license. We have Academic pricing if your organization qualifies, otherwise you would purchase a Commercial license.

0 Kudos