Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26733 Discussions

What versions of Parallel Studio can be integrated in Visual Studio 2019?

OP1
New Contributor I

Parallel Studio 2019 Update 4 added the integration in Visual Studio 2019... so it looks like Update 3 would not work, right? I want to make sure... we have a rather infuriating situation here where a new developer has only access to VS 2019 but no access to PS Update 4 or higher...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

From the FAQ:

Which versions of Microsoft Visual Studio are supported by various Intel compiler versions? But I see that this article, when it was updated to include PSXE 2020, left out PSXE2019 in the old version section. I will ask Intel to fix that.

You have the situation correct. Perhaps your employee can get VS2017 Community Edition here

OP1
New Contributor I

Thanks Steve! We cannot use the Community Edition, so we'll have to figure out a workaround.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

It seems the simplest approach is to renew your support license so that the employee can use the newer compiler version.