Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

about 0X80004005

phost75
Beginner

Hi,I am using oneapi 2022.2 plus vs 2022,everything is fine except that every time I close a fortran project with some code files open,next time i open the fortran project the opened code files all shows error 0X80004005, So I have to close the file and in the solution explore to double_click to open it. what 's wrong ? I want to solve the problem.thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JNichols
New Contributor I

If you read the related posts on the forum you will see this is a VS and VSIX Intel Fortran error generated by a VS change.  

You will need to wait for the next update of the VSIX from Intel Fortran like the rest of us, or try the new zip file.  

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That particular error is not new and has been reported many times. I have an open bug report to Intel on this. It's just an annoyance. (The "new zip file" has been withdrawn and didn't fix this anyway.)

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Ron posted a new thread regarding VS 2022 version 17.2 and our recommended workaround. Please see https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Do-not-upgrade-VS-2022-to-version-v17-2-It-breaks-all/m-p/1382358#M161212

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This particular issue is unrelated to VS17.2 and has been there since VS2022 first released.  Devorah says she reported this "again" to engineering. My most recent report of this is included in ticket 05214004.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Thanks for the clarification, Steve. I added this case to the bug report.

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

This is just one of those interesting features now that you just accept and get on with it.  

I shows how the human mind can just accept anything.  

Fortran is similar in thought, you often ask why is this like this,  all of course bent on the original development computer that had at its own limitations.  

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II

I installed VS2022 and Fortran and found out Fortran is not working on VS2022. So I installed VS2019-Version 16.11.17. Fortran still not working. Then I deleted VS2022 and repaired Fortran.  I can create new Fortran project now, but can't open old project.

Do I have to delete them all and the re-install?

Regards,

Cean

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

@cean I think your problem is unrelated to this thread. You have posted about this elsewhere, but never said what happens when you try to open the old project.

Please start a new thread and provide screenshots and other information about the error.

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II
I got this error code when try to open old Fortran project.
Anyway, I have deleted this combination.
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The issue of getting an error for source files when you open an old project in VS2022 is known and supposedly being fixed. All you have to do is close the open file and reopen it. This would not affect VS2019. What exactly is going wrong for you? If you get an error message, what's the complete text?

0 Kudos
cean
New Contributor II

I have deleted these two software and installed new version. So can't test anymore.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

oneAPI 2022.3 is released and so many of those VS 2022 issues are fixed. Please give it a try!

0 Kudos