Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

autocomplete and function jump for Fortran in visual studio 2019

lei_zhou
Beginner

Hello, everybody.

I successfully installed  FORTRAN compile and integrated it into Visual Studio 2019. Everything works fine. But there is a small annoying thing, when I used default editor in Visual Studio 2019 to program, it couldn't autocomplete and jump into declaration or definition for FORTRAN function  like C++. So, How should I configure Visual Studio 2019 or others to realize autocomplete and function jump?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

To answer part of your question in VS Tools>Options>Text Editor>Fortran>Advanced    has a lot of settings, for example "Enable GoTo Definition", you should look at these options.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

To answer part of your question in VS Tools>Options>Text Editor>Fortran>Advanced    has a lot of settings, for example "Enable GoTo Definition", you should look at these options.

lei_zhou
Beginner

Thanks, Andrew,

It works, but not very well. I could find where the “subroutine” and “module” defines by the “Go to Definition” command, but for the “function”, it doesn't seem to work.

For the autocompletion, I still have no idea about it. Here are the options I modified. 

lei_zhou_0-1647348632863.png

0 Kudos
Daniel_Bello
Beginner

Hi, did you achieve solve the problem? I also would like to use the autocompletion function in VS professional. I've read that is some options but you need to use VS code.

0 Kudos