Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

cannot find ifconsol

wen
Beginner
I ran
c:program filesMicrosoft Platform SDKin make.
When makefile was executed to
$(LINKER) $** /exe:$@ $(OBJECT) /map $(LMAP) $(LIB) $(LFLAGS)
The following error message appears:
Fetal error cannot find ifconsol
xilink: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
NMAKE : fetal error U1077: xilink.exe : return code 0x1

I have ifconsol.lib under c:program FilesIntelCompilerFortran9.1Ia32lib, which is inside the PATH.

Could someone tell me what I should do?

Wen
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The lib folder has to be in the LIB environment variable, not PATH. This is set up automatically if you use the "Build Environment" shortcuts provided when the compiler is installed or if you run ifortvars.bat from your command prompt (or if you install the compiler and ask that system environment variables be updated.)
0 Kudos
wen
Beginner
The error occurred after I ran ifortvars.bat. I was in the DOS window under the title of Inter Visual Fortran Compiler 9.1.013 Build Environment for 32-bit Applications.

When I type Set, the directory C:Program FilesIntelCompilerFortran9.1Ia32Lib appears as the first item in both Lib= and Path= lists.

Under Control Panel/System/System Properties/Environment Variables/System Variables/, I edit LIB and found %IFORT_COMPILER91%IA32Lib at the end of the list in Variable Value.

Then I tried the same makefile on the sample code int_sin.f90 provided by IVF. It compiled and then gave the same error message during the linking process. The error message also states xilink: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1) for this single-file compilation/link.

There is no problem to generate int_sin.exe by using ifort on the command line. The problem occurred when I use nmake. Is it correct to use LINKER = xilink.exe?

Wen
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Since you are using a beta version, I would ask that you submit a support request to Intel Premier Support. Please attach a log of your command session plus the output of a SET command.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This problem ended up being that the makefile defined the macro LIB which apparently hides the environment variable LIB. You learn something new every day...
0 Kudos