Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28629 Discussions

cannot find 'ifort' after installing parallel_studio_xe_2015_update3 on ubuntu

du__weikang
Beginner

I am an university student. I have just downloaded and installed the parallel_studio_xe_2015_update3. But in the directory '/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015/bin', I only find 'icc', but not 'ifort'. Have I installed the wrong file? According to the website, the parallel studio should contain both C and Fortran in it. Or am I looking at the wrong directory? I have checked several places but still cannot find 'ifort'. Please help with this. Thank you very much! 

BTW, my operation system is 'ubuntukylin-14.04.2-desktop-amd64' and I am pretty new to Linux.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have a student license for the C++-only version of Parallel Studio XE. We don't offer a free version with Fortran at this time, though that will change later this month.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Parallel studio is offered with c++ alone or Fortran alone as well as with both.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have a student license for the C++-only version of Parallel Studio XE. We don't offer a free version with Fortran at this time, though that will change later this month.

0 Kudos