Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort**

netphilou31
New Contributor II
I get the above error message when compiling the following source code:
[fortran]NL_TITLE = 0
if (nbLines > 0) then
    allocate(character(len=szLines) :: Lines(nbLines))
    do I=1,NbLines
       szLine = len_trim(Lines(I))
       if (szLine <= 80) then
           NL_TITLE = NL_TITLE + 1
       else
           indx = 80
           NL_TITLE = NL_TITLE + 1
           do
              if (Lines(I)(indx:indx) /= ' ') indx = index(Lines(I)(indx-80+1:indx),' ',back=.true.) + 1
              indx = indx + 79
              NL_TITLE = NL_TITLE + 1
              if (indx > szLine) exit
           end do
       end if
    end do
end if
[/fortran]
The error is located on the line:
[fortran]              if (Lines(I)(indx:indx) /= ' ') indx = index(Lines(I)(indx-80+1:indx),' ',back=.true.) + 1[/fortran]
If I replace the line by:
[fortran]              if (Lines(I)(indx:indx) /= char(32)) indx = index(Lines(I)(indx-80+1:indx),' ',back=.true.) + 1[/fortran]
No error is detected.
The compiler options I use are:
/nologo /debug:full /Od /fpp /I"IdeCin__Win32_Debug_FR" /I"C:\\Program Files\\VNI\\imsl\\fnl600\\IA32\\include\\static" /assume:nosource_include /DFRENCH /DBATCH /DDVF /DWIN32 /extend_source:132 /Qopenmp /Qsave /align:commons /assume:byterecl /fpe:0 /fpconstant /iface:cvf /module:"IdeCin__Win32_Debug_FR/" /object:"IdeCin__Win32_Debug_FR/" /check:format /check:output_conversion /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /c /dll
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please provide a complete compilable source and tell us which exact version of the compiler you are using (including update number.)
0 Kudos
netphilou31
New Contributor II
Sorry I forgot to mention it:
I will try to generate a more simple file (because the actual one is a little bit big and use other modules). If I cannot reproduce the error I will try to send you all the files involved.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Would you please try 11.1.067 (Update 7) before putting a lot of work into a test case? Thanks.
0 Kudos
netphilou31
New Contributor II
Itcould be a good idea, but, unfortunately myaccount to the support service has expired (since November 2009) so I cannot download compiler updates anymore (the last one I have downloaded is the 11.1.051). I will try to build a test case and if the error persists I will send you the corresponding files so you will be able to test with a more recent version of the compiler.

Thanks.

Update: Finally I was able to download the version 11.1.067. I will try it asap.

Update2: Unfortunately, it was impossible to install this version due to invalid license file (due to expired support).
0 Kudos