Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

distributing dos executable (.exe) files

sbenati
Beginner
Hi: I have a very simple question.

I use CompaqVF 6.6

If I want to give
the (myprogram.exe) code to a colleague, I have to
install VFRUN66OI.exe in his
PC and then my code will work.

Is there the possibility - through the compiler options -to create a "myprogram.exe"
file that will work in another PC without installing VFRUN66OI?

My code is very simple (just some numeric manipulation)
and old compilers were able to do that.

Best regards, Stefano
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Go to Project/Settings/Fortran, select "Libraries" category and make sure that "Single-threaded" is selected in "Use run-time library" combo box. Rebuild if necessary.

[Small terminology correction: "DOS executable" means .exes which can be run under old 16-bit DOS. 32-bit executables with console interfaces are called "Console applications"; with CVF you can build only the latter.]

Jugoslav
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
I thought that EXEs generated by CVF and run on computers without CVF installed had to have the Fortran run-time libraries installed. Why would specifying single-threaded for the project get around that requirement?

Mike
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
They don't have to have run-time libraries installed if they're linked with static versions of RTL ("Single-threaded" or "Multi-threaded") as opposed to Dll versions of the RTL ("Single-threaded DLL" or "Multi-threaded DLL").

Jugoslav
0 Kudos