Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error #7002

Paul_Ely
Beginner

I have a program that compiles the 32-bit version with no problems, however when I try to compile the 64-bit version I get error #7002.

Error        error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [IEEE_ARITHMETIC]           

The offending line of code is 

USE, INTRINSIC :: ieee_arithmetic, only : ieee_is_nan

I am using  Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 3 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows in Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.

The command options for the Win32 platform are

/nologo /Od /names:lowercase /iface:cref /assume:underscore /module:"Win32\Release\\" /object:"Win32\Release\\" /Fd"Win32\Release\vc140.pdb" /libs:static /threads /c

The command options for the x64  platform are

/nologo /Od /names:lowercase /iface:cref /assume:underscore /module:"x64\Release\\" /object:"x64\Release\\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc140.pdb" /libs:static /threads /c

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

This would be controlled by the settings under Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Tools > Visual Fortran > Compilers > x64 > Includes. This list should include "$(IFortInstallDir)compiler\include\Intel64". Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.207\windows\compiler\include\intel64 to see if ieee_arithmetic.mod is there.

It could be that the compiler did not install properly and that trying a "Repair" on the Parallel Studio XE install will solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Paul_Ely
Beginner

The subdirectory intel64 is missing from the include directory.

When I try to do a repair, the installer says I need to start the install from the original media.

How do I repair an update?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Reinstall the update. You can download it from https://registrationcenter.intel.com/ if you don't still have it.

0 Kudos
Paul_Ely
Beginner

I downloaded and reinstalled the update. The intel64 directory is still missing.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Hmm. Try an uninstall and reinstall then.

0 Kudos
Paul_Ely
Beginner

That's what I did. I had to uninstall before I could reinstall.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Can you show a list of what is in the include folder?

0 Kudos
Paul_Ely
Beginner

I removed update 3 and update 2. Restarted my computer and installed update 3. intel64 is now in the include directory.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Glad to hear it.

0 Kudos