Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error #7983: The storage extent of the dummy argument exceeds that of the actual argument. [G]

Rhim__Soeun
Beginner

Error: the storage extent of the dummy argument exceeds that of the actual argument

Hi everybody, could someone help me,

I'm designing a spring, but I don't know where the error ocurred.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

1. Look for CALL statements in your program, and select those that contain G in the argument list.

2. Now compare the declared sizes of G in the calling and called routines. The latter should not be greater than the former.

3. Locate all references to G in the subroutine(s) of which it is a dummy argument. None of those references should have a subscript value larger than the declared dimension of G in the caller.

0 Kudos
Rhim__Soeun
Beginner

Thank you for your comments,

I modificated the call statements, So No more errors are generated

Hoever, the Result is strange like 0.0000E+00.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

All that you needed to do was to modify the declaration of G in CONSTR to match the declaration in the main program. I do not know why and how you changed the calls, and it is possible that doing so introduced new errors.

As to the result being "strange", I note that the program contains many READ statements; you have not shown the input data file and we do not know what the expected results should look like.

0 Kudos