Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26755 Discussions

error #7983: The storage extent of the dummy argument exceeds that of the actual argument. [G]

Rhim__Soeun
Beginner

Error: the storage extent of the dummy argument exceeds that of the actual argument

Hi everybody, could someone help me,

I'm designing a spring, but I don't know where the error ocurred.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

1. Look for CALL statements in your program, and select those that contain G in the argument list.

2. Now compare the declared sizes of G in the calling and called routines. The latter should not be greater than the former.

3. Locate all references to G in the subroutine(s) of which it is a dummy argument. None of those references should have a subscript value larger than the declared dimension of G in the caller.

Rhim__Soeun
Beginner

Thank you for your comments,

I modificated the call statements, So No more errors are generated

Hoever, the Result is strange like 0.0000E+00.

mecej4
Black Belt

All that you needed to do was to modify the declaration of G in CONSTR to match the declaration in the main program. I do not know why and how you changed the calls, and it is possible that doing so introduced new errors.

As to the result being "strange", I note that the program contains many READ statements; you have not shown the input data file and we do not know what the expected results should look like.