Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

fatal error LNK1104

Heli_N_
Beginner

Dear all, 

Recently I am getting the following error when trying to develop FORTRAN code using Microsolft Visual Studio 2010 Shell installed on a Microsoft Win7 Professional. 

Error 1  fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'x64\Debug\myExectuable.exe' LINK

I´ve tried to manually delete the myExecutable.exe in the debug folder, but the executable keeps re-appearing and I keep getting the same error. 

I have also tried to go to services.msc and go to System Application and set the initiation to manual, but this did not help either. 

These are the solutions I had searched so far on Internet.  Sometimes when I try to rebuild the above error appears and sometimes it simply does not. 

Does anybody know what should I fix to get rid of this error?

Thanks in Advance for your help, 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II

Is there an instance of myExecutable.exe still running in the background?

If so you need to kill it and run the build again.

Les

0 Kudos
Heli_N_
Beginner

Dear Les, 

Thanks for your reply.  I do not see the myExectuable.exe running under the windows process in order to kill it. 

Also I do not want to kill it manually each time this happens. Is there any other fix ? and why does this happen at all ? I did not have this problem before. This is happening newly. 

Thanks for your replies. 

0 Kudos