Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

file name project item not found

Gerrit_V_
Beginner

When loading VS2013 a solution with a DLL-project, or a single DLL project (INTEL Composer XE 2013 sp1), I get in the output window of the solution explorer the warning: "cannot find file name of project item" followed by the file name. Still the solution is build without errors or warnings and the project runs as expected. I attach a simple single DLL project that shows the "problem". For a project the DLL has a couple of hundred routines, so the number of warnings is quite annoying. In addition the warnings should not be ignored, I expect.

Any suggestion what can be the cause (and solution) is highly appreciated.

Regards

Gerrit V.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Would you please attach a screenshot of the error? I'll note that you're using a quite old version by this point, though I don't recall seeing earlier reports of this problem.

0 Kudos
Gerrit_V_
Beginner

Hello Steve,

Please find attached the screen dump, after starting VS2013 sp5 and loading source1.for of the DLL1 solution.

The same warning is given when I click the sln-file outside VS and VS is opened.

Please, what do you mean with "using a quite old version". Do you refer to VS or the Intel compiler?

With regards,

Gerrit V2.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Hmm  - ResX Resource Manager. Haven't run across that in a while and have never seen it pop up with messages. That is a part of VS. I remember it causing other problems a few years ago - it was a Microsoft bug.

By old version I meant Intel Fortran version You're using version 14, current is 17. I don't know which VS version you're using. Make sure that you have installed the latest product update (Service Pack) for your VS version.

0 Kudos