Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

file name project item not found

Gerrit_V_
Beginner

When loading VS2013 a solution with a DLL-project, or a single DLL project (INTEL Composer XE 2013 sp1), I get in the output window of the solution explorer the warning: "cannot find file name of project item" followed by the file name. Still the solution is build without errors or warnings and the project runs as expected. I attach a simple single DLL project that shows the "problem". For a project the DLL has a couple of hundred routines, so the number of warnings is quite annoying. In addition the warnings should not be ignored, I expect.

Any suggestion what can be the cause (and solution) is highly appreciated.

Regards

Gerrit V.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Would you please attach a screenshot of the error? I'll note that you're using a quite old version by this point, though I don't recall seeing earlier reports of this problem.

Gerrit_V_
Beginner

Hello Steve,

Please find attached the screen dump, after starting VS2013 sp5 and loading source1.for of the DLL1 solution.

The same warning is given when I click the sln-file outside VS and VS is opened.

Please, what do you mean with "using a quite old version". Do you refer to VS or the Intel compiler?

With regards,

Gerrit V2.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

Hmm  - ResX Resource Manager. Haven't run across that in a while and have never seen it pop up with messages. That is a part of VS. I remember it causing other problems a few years ago - it was a Microsoft bug.

By old version I meant Intel Fortran version You're using version 14, current is 17. I don't know which VS version you're using. Make sure that you have installed the latest product update (Service Pack) for your VS version.