Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

fortran compiler 11.1

Mohammadmehdi_N_
Beginner

Hello,

I am a user of AVL Fire 2013.0 and I need to compile a fortran code from this program. In the AVL tutorial I have found that the compiler should be Intel visual fortran compiler for windows version 11.1.051 (update 3) .  I have access to version 11.1.060 (update 5) and I could not compile the fortran code with this version.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if a fortran code should be compile with a 11.1.051 version, does it mean that the code should be compile only and only with that version? or the source code has a problem because if a code can be compiled with 11.1.051 version, it also can be compiled with 11.1.060 version?

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Generally, Fortran programs should compile with no problems when you compile with a newer version of the compiler than the one listed as having "worked". In your case, the two versions at issue are quite close to each other, so things should work.

What do you mean by "I could not compile the fortran code with this version" ? What error messages did you see? Can you post an example of the source code that causes these error messages to be emitted?

0 Kudos
Mohammadmehdi_N_
Beginner

Thanks for the reply

first i define a new project and add the code (cyusepr.f) in source file section. Then i try to compile it and I get this errors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AVL\FIRE\v2013\user_functions\standard\SPRAY\cyusepr.f(103): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [CYDRNOZ]
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVL\FIRE\v2013\user_functions\standard\SPRAY\cyusepr.f(257): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [I_USEDEL]

it should be noted, line 103 of the code is :   USE cydrnoz

and line 257 is: i_usedel=0  ! DO NOT REMOVE THIS STATEMENT

in another file of the avl program is a file named : cydrnoz.mod   and hosently i don't know if i have to do anything with this file or not

Regards, Mohammad Mehdi

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The following comments are based on the sparse information that you have made available to us. The problems that you have described probably have nothing to do with the compiler version you used, but are easy to overcome.

If cydrnoz.mod is supplied with the AVL package, you need to add the directory containing that file to the list of include/module file directories in your project.

Make sure that the variable I_USEDEL has its type declared in the subprogram where it occurs. Normally, this variable would have an implicit type of INTEGER, but you may have an IMPLICIT NONE statement in the subprogram or you may have compiler options selected that enforce IMPLICIT NONE on all sources.

0 Kudos