Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

fsplit

David_L_2
Beginner
I can't seem to find fsplit in the Intel tools or in the Xcode tools. Is there a version still available?

Thanks
David
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
fsplit is an open source program, compilable by any C compiler, as a web search will show. It's limited to fixed form source code, so is not as widely useful a tool as it was 20 years ago, in spite of its recommendation under HPUX. It is commonly used as a way to defeat the default inter-procedural optimizations of several current compilers, so providing it would in a way be saying there is a problem with the compiler defaults. There are also open source tools to perform similar function with free form source.
0 Kudos
umar
Beginner
There is a f90 version of fsplit that works fine (also c version). The latest is
at:

http://people.scs.fsu.edu/~burkardt/c_src/f90split/f90split.html

0 Kudos
David_L_2
Beginner
thank you both. I had googled for fsplit but all the sites that had the code seemed unreachable or gone. I didn't think to look for f90split. tim, Besides f90split, what other open source tools are you referring to? Thanks
0 Kudos