Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28632 Discussions

get my program run on another computer?

twerth
Beginner
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Can you run Array Viewer and open data files on the computer? If not, there's probably a problem with the graphics drivers on the system. Run Array Viewer on target system open the Settings|Options dialog box and uncheck the "HW Acceleration" checkbox.

John
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
Yes. The array viewer works fine - also with the agl-Files created by the other computer. The problem occurs - it doesn't make any difference, if HW Acceleration is enabled or disabled.

I used the Debug configuration - could it be, that in combination with the Array Viewer a Compaq Fortran program only works properly on other computers, if compile it in Release config?

Or should I set some system or environment variables on the other machine? For compile and linking I use the standard configurations.

Thank you,
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Tobias,

I don't think Release/Debug config should make a difference; particularly if you have CVF/CAV installed on the target computer.

Would it be possible for you to zip up your project and send it to vf-support@compaq.com? I should then be able to determine the cause of the crash.

Thanks,
John
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
Hi John,

I only have CAV installed on the target computer because I use the array_visualizer attribute and to install CAV is the solution in the known problems section of CVF6.6B.

Sorry, I can't mail my project, because it's company confidential.

Any other idea?

Thank you for your support,
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Tobias,

Try installing CVF and CAV on the target machine. If that works then the problem is probably due to some CVF runtime file that is needed.

John
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
Hi John,

I tried my program on a third computer with installed CAV and CVF. This works. But I don't want to install it on all of the computers I wan't to use my program.

So I searched for other solutions and found at
http://h18009.www1.hp.com/fortran/downloads.html
the Compaq Array Viewer Demo and Redistributables Kit and the Run-Time Redistributables Kit and installed both in this order.

Now the program hangs at the same step of testing, but it shows an error message:
"The Dialog Dynamic Link Library DFDLGnnn.DLL is missing or not registered."

But I found the dll in the windows/system32 directory. So I tried registering manually. I got a success-message and afterwards the same error as above. But if I search through the registry using regedit I found DFDLG100.dll and a link to the right place in the windows/system32 directory.

Now I'm out of ideas, do you have any?
Regards,
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You also need the CVF redistributables kit which you'll find in the same location.

Steve
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
As written above I installed the Run-Time Redistributables Kit, too. I think this is the CVF redistributables kit you mentioned, isn't it?

Regards,
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
No - it looks as if you installed the CAV redistributables kit only. You also need the one at http://compaq.com/fortran/visual/redist.html

Steve
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
Sorry, if you didn't understand me. I installed exactly this. The CVF redistributable kit is called Run-Time Redistributables Kit, so I used this expression.

In total I've installed two redistributable kits, the one for CAV and the one for CVF, but it doesn't help.

Thank you,
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't know what to suggest.

Steve
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
If you have used any fagl/fav calls in your program, copy AVIEW160.dll to the system directory on the target machine (though not having this dll wouldn't result in the error message you've seen).

What happens if you compile a non-AV Fortran sample, and move the executable to the other machine (say FortranSamplesAdvancedCOMIWeb)? Does it run correctly?

John
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
Hi,

the suggested example worked fine at the target machine.
The AVIEW160.DLL already was in the system directory. I Tried to register it manually - the following error occurred:

"AVIEW160.DLL was loaded, but non DLLRegisterServer-Entry-Point was found. AVIEW160.DLL seems to be not a .DLL or .OCX-File."

Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
gfthomas8
Novice
The message is right. AVIEW160.DLL is not an ActiveX DLL, it's a regular DLL that doesn't need to be registered. No harm done.

HTH,
Gerry T.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Yes Aview160.dll is not an ActiveX dll. It does have to be in your path though. Did you copy it to Windows/system32 or some other directory were it will be picked up?

Also, try commenting out the array_visualizer attribute in your fortran source and see if that makes a different. Without that attribute, the fortran runtime won't try to load aview160.dll.

John
0 Kudos
twerth
Beginner
Hi John,

sorry for my late answer. the aview160 already was in the windows/system32 directory. Commenting the array_visualizer attribute out doesn't help - the same error message occurs and on my computer the array visualizer works, but not correctly.

But I got a solution. I deinstalled all the Compaq staff and rebooted. Then I installed the runtime-redistributables in a specified order: first the CVF-Run-Time files and then the CAV-Run-Time files. And it worked!

Thank you for your support!
Tobias Werth
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Tobias,

Glad to hear you got it working! I'm not sure why the order of installing the runtime files would matter, but if it works, it works.

John
0 Kudos