Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

glibc2.8 (and Suse 11.0)

ripero
Beginner

Hi,

Suse 11.0 has been stable for more than 4 months.

glibc 2.8 was released more than half a year ago, and glibc 2.7 was released more than a year ago.

However, the Intel Fortran Compiler (either version 10.1 or 11.0) only supports up to Suse version 10 and glibc version 2.6..

Does anybody have any idea of when those new versions will be supported? Any information (even like "don't expect anything before 4 months") would prove valuable.

Thank you very much :-)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I'll take a guess that SLES 11, or maybe some version of FC9, may occasion full testing with glibc 2.8. Maybe someone with more familiarity with FC could match up FC and glibc versions. The documented exceptions to full FC9 support in icpc 11.0 appear to be related to g++ headers, not to glibc versioning. OpenSuSE doesn't appear to get as much priority, in spite of its popularity and usefulness, perhaps because it is not so often sold pre-installed on enterprise hardware.

I suppose it would have to be a compiler version which has set requirements and goes in the pre-beta test phase after the corresponding linux distro is fully released. So, not within the next 4 months, but I expect more urgency within the next year. I tried SLES 11 beta myself, and would have kept it, if it were not for hardware driver problems; I didn't run into any problems with icpc 11.0.

0 Kudos