Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28591 Discussions

how to use IMSL FORTRAN 90 MP LIBRARY

kilby
Beginner
Hi all,

I try to incoperate the IMSL FORTRAN 90 MP LIBRARY into my program code. However, it seems I cann't do correctly. For example, at the beginning of my program:

USE IMSL
use imslf90
use lin_sol_gen_int

I want to call the lin_sol_gen subroutine then. The complier tells me: here is no matching specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [LIN_SOL_GEN] call lin_sol_gen(A, B, X)

Any example or suggestions on using the librarys? Thanks a million.

Regards,
Kilby
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
First, you need only USE IMSL - the other USE lines are redundant.

The error message you received is saying that the arguments you are passing to LIN_SOL_GEN don't match any set of argument types the routine is declared as expecting. You should read the IMSL documentation to find out what it wants.

There are several LIN_SOL_GEN examples provided with Visual Fortran Professional - if they are not installed on your hard disk under the DF98IMSLEXAMPLESF90MANUAL folder, look on your CVF CD.

Steve
0 Kudos
gfthomas8
Novice
> USE IMSL
> use imslf90
> use lin_sol_gen_int

Omit USE IMSL. You're using imslf90.

HTH,
Gerry T.
0 Kudos
gfthomas8
Novice
As ps to the foregoing:

With

use imslf90
use dfport

otherwise imsl_err.lib can start to issue LNK2001's. Figure.

Ciao,
Gerry T.
0 Kudos
Wael_S_
Beginner

Hi Steve;I have intel visual Fortran composer 2013, I also have IMSLF90 version 7, could you tell me please how to instal this library with the intel visual fortran composer 2013 with windows

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You'll have to ask Rogue Wave for help with that. I can point you to Configuring Visual Studio for using the IMSL* Fortran Numerical Library  but this is written from the perspective of IMSL 6 that we sell and I think that if you get IMSL from other sources that there can be subtle differences. Perhaps you'll be able to work it out.

0 Kudos