Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifc kdevelop

natz
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to setup ifc to work with kdevelop.

So far I have managed to create the default hello world and compile and run it with ifort.

I have full debugging working for other Linux projects like gimp using gdb-6.5

I have spent several days searching for info on using either idb or gdb but have found precious little info on this subject.

Can you point me to some help on doing this?

It also seems this I do not have idb installed in /opt/intel , is this not supplied with ifc Linux or have I missed a step?

The compiler looks to be very good from what I have read but without the productivity of some IDE for debugging it would be a lot less use.

Thanks for any resources you can point me to.

best regards.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
idb is installed along with the compiler. You get it by default if you choose a normal install, or you can install it separately.
0 Kudos
vt287
Beginner
How did you get KDevelop to work with ifort? I found this note:
http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/How_to_use_Intel_fortran_compiler
But it does not work because my KDevelop (3.3.5 or 3.4) has 3 fixed options for fortran compiler: g77, Portland f77, Portland hpf. Specifying a different compiler command and changing configure.in is not enough. KDevelop keeps looking for g77 (or other prespecified compiler).

How did you add a new compiler to the list in KDevelop, if you did?

Best wishes.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
idb is supplied with Intel Fortran and is installed automatically if you choose the normal install.

What version of the compiler do you have? What variant of Linux are you using?

While we do not supply an IDE, I have read of people successfully configuring Intel Fortran to work with Eclipse and PHOTRAN.
0 Kudos