Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort: command line warning #10006: ignoring unknown option '-rpath'

Dhirendra_K_
Beginner

I am a student working in atmospheric sciences. I am trying to compile a source code of RegESM-1.0.0. while running the configure command it completes successfully but make and make install program issues the following warning: 

-ldl -lpnetcdf /home/ROMS/ROMS_LIB/lib/libxerces-c.so -lnsl /home/ROMS/REGCM-ROMS/src/esm/RegESM-1.0.0/libatm.a /home/ROMS/REGCM-ROMS/src/esm/RegESM-1.0.0/libocn.a -rpath /home/ROMS/ROMS_LIB/lib -rpath /home/ROMS/ROMS_LIB/lib

Though, the make and make install command did not abort, it did not produce any executable after compilation. I seek help from the community to overcome this error. I looked upon the makefile and libtool files but could not infer much of it.

Any lead will in solving this is appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Dhirendra

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

You'll have to look in your makefiles, and where you have simply -rpath some/path please change it to
-Xlinker"-rpath some/path"

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Dhirendra_K_
Beginner

Thanks for the prompt reply Lorri

Actually, makefile does not have "-rpath" specifile anywhere. But there is another file "libtool" and "lt-main.sh" in the same directory which have these flags.

I tried changing them experimentally and ended up with other set of errors saying :

mod_che_ncio.F90:(.text+0x5212): undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_inq_dimid_'
mod_che_ncio.F90:(.text+0x527b): undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_inquire_dimension_'
mod_che_ncio.F90:(.text+0x538d): undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_inq_varid_'

Could not figure out the error again.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The undefined references are to routines in the Fortran 9X interface to NetCDF, and are undefined because the command line used for linking probably did not list the required NetCDF libraries (the Fortran glue code to the C NetCDF library, the base NetCDF library, and other libraries that are needed, such as HDF, SZIP, etc.).

0 Kudos