Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort compile errors

John_M_
Beginner

I have compiled a model, named GSI. There is a error occured. It says as following,

w3fp10.f(1): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for w3fp10.f (code 1)

The ifort I use is in version 14.0.2
Could anybody give me some help or advise on that? I have attach the configure file in the attachment.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee
An internal compiler error is virtually always a problem with the compiler itself. We can usually give a workaround if we can see the source. That said, I did find a copy of w3fp10.f on the web, and tried compiling it witih 14.0 and the command qualifiers from your "config.log". However, I did not see this internal compiler error. I used Intel64 -- are you using Intel64 or IA32? Also, what version of MPI are you using (since the configuration file uses "mpif90") Thank you -- --Lorri
0 Kudos
John_M_
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

The machine I used is intel ia32 in Linux system with open MPI in 1.6.1.

I compiled the w3fp10.f using, ifort w3fp10.f

The information is like,

w3fp10.f(118): remark #7960: The floating overflow condition was detected while evaluating this operation; the result is an Infinity.   [10.E70]
       DATA  CRMX  /10.E70/
--------------------^
04010007_1635

w3fp10.f(1): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for w3fp10.f (code 1)

I put the fiel in the attachment, Please make a check.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I reproduced the internal error on a IA32 system only with the Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 2 (14.0 compiler) you noted. It appears there may already be a fix in our release due out later this year; however, I submitted this to Development (see internal tracking id below) for investigation and possibly providing a fix in a future update to the 14.0 release.
The error appears to occur during a code generation phase. A work around at the moment is to compile this particular source file at -O1 to avoid the internal error.
(Internal tracking id: DPD200255965)

(Resolution Update on 02/10/2016): This defect is fixed in the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 release (2015.0.090 - Linux)

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

While there has been no specific change to address the internal error, it has remained fixed since our 15.0 initial release (i.e. the release I wrote was due out later in 2014), and I confirmed it also remains fixed in our 16.0 release. The internal tracking id will be closed with an unknown resolution. Thank you for reporting this error.

0 Kudos