Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

Camacho__Eduardo
Beginner

I tried to run a simulation with an fortran subroutine in abaqus but I got the following error.

Error: Product support for your <Comp-FW> license expired.

License file(s) used were (in this order):

1.  Trusted Storage
    2.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\\Intel\Licenses\w_GD3CCF6L.lic
    3.  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
    4.  C:\PROGRA~2\INTELS~1\COMPOS~1.246\windows\bin\intel64\*.lic

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

I've got this error before, so I got a new license with a new serial number which I used to reactivate the already installed version of intel Parallel Studio 2016. I still get the same error even after the renewal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

FLEXRAN can be searched in google 

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/videos/an-overview-of-flexran-sw-wireless-access-solutions.html

It gives you a file and in the file is an email address for someone in Intel who can probably help you as Niall appears to have written the slides. I would start there.

No one in Fortran is going to have looked at wifi stuff like this - 

View solution in original post

17 Replies
JonO
Beginner

Still encountering this issue. Ever find a resolution?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

First of all, running a compiled application doesn't need a license. (I know a lot of people say that they are running a program when they're really building it.)

Licensing questions need to be directed to the Intel Online Service Center, but the latest version of the Intel Fortran compiler (from the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit) is completely free (community support) and does no license checking.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Eduardo,

Your old licenses are expired.  I sent you a new license in email.

0 Kudos
BEI
Novice

Dear Ronald,

I am a student user and my license also expired. How can I get a new license? Thank you!!!!!

0 Kudos
Kornii
Beginner

Please restore the FLEXlm license

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

The best solution is to use the oneAPI Toolkits.  Intel Parallel Studio XE (PSXE) has been rebranded and repackaged as oneAPI.   And it's FREE!  Support is provided by the Intel Forums or you can choose to pay for support.

To get the equivalent features of Intel PSXE download oneAPI Base Toolkit and oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

0 Kudos
Ritch
Beginner

Hi Barbara, I'm having the same issue, don't understand why licensing is required for a free product? Looks like signing an NDA is required to get OneAPI? All I need is a license to build DPDK, these are the errors I'm seeing:

Error: Product support for your (Comp-CL) license has expired.
License file(s) used were (in this order):
** 1. /opt/intel/system_studio_2019/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/licenses/license.lic
** 2. /opt/intel/licenses/XXXXXXX.lic
** 3. /opt/intel/licenses/XXXXXXX.lic
** 4. /opt/intel/licenses/license.lic
** 5. /root/intel/licenses/license.lic
** 6. /opt/intel/system_studio_2019/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
** 7. /root/Licenses/license.lic
** 8. /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
** 9. /opt/intel/system_studio_2019/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/bin/intel64/license.lic

Please refer https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading#support-expiration for more information..

icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license
/bin/sh: line 0: test: -lt: unary operator expected

It would be great if you could help me overcome this, thanks

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I've escalated this issue to our Startup Support Team.  I also edited your post to remove the license file name for privacy.

Also I mailed you your .lic file.  Compare this to the file you have.  Perhaps install this license .lic file in ~/intel/licenses and

export INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=<your home dir>/intel/licenses

0 Kudos
Ritch
Beginner

Thanks Ronald,

I've tried many things with no luck so far including your suggestions. I did make an interesting discovery: I have Flexran v20.04 installed on this system and am trying to upgrade to v20.08 in order to use the Mt. Bryce accelerator card. If I use the v20.04 setBuildvars.sh I can execute the DPDK build without any license issues. I do run into another issue at the very end of the script where it's building the BBDV component which is what I need for Mt. Bryce but no FLEXlm or Comp-CL license complaints. Even if I set the parameters from the 20.04 setBuildvars.sh in my v20.08 setBuildvars.sh I get a license error so I'm thinking it looks like I need a license upgrade for Flexran v20.08? Can you check on this and either send me an updated license or let me know how to get one?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

"Flexran", whatever it is, is not an Intel product.

The Intel oneAPI Fortran compiler does no license checking, and an NDA is not required. It is a free download for everyone. 

0 Kudos
Ritch
Beginner

Sorry, I think I'm in the wrong thread here, this is not a Fortran issue I'm having, it's setting up Flexran v20.08 which is an Intel reference design product for wireless, enclosed is a release note from Intel. <removed, Intel Confidential>

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I had never heard of FlexRAN - it has no relationship to anything discussed in the Intel Software forums. I note that the document you attached is labeled "Intel Confidential" and really should not be disclosed here.

You should contact whoever provided you with FlexRAN for help with it.

0 Kudos
Ritch
Beginner

The title of this thread includes "FLEXlm" license. That's the same error I'm getting as you can see from my previous posts, that's how I wound up here, just looking for some help with what should be a relatively simple question., I thought that's what user forums were for?

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

unfortunately Flex is never easy.   And license files, features, vary wildly between products.  We can help with Fortran compiler licensing but this is out of our experience.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

FLEXRAN can be searched in google 

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/videos/an-overview-of-flexran-sw-wireless-access-solutions.html

It gives you a file and in the file is an email address for someone in Intel who can probably help you as Niall appears to have written the slides. I would start there.

No one in Fortran is going to have looked at wifi stuff like this - 

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

FLEXlm is a commercial license manager that many companies use. 

0 Kudos