Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

ifort: “line table parameters mismatch. Cannot emit.” What does it mean?

Zaikun
New Contributor I

With ifort on macOS, I sometimes encounter “warning: line table parameters mismatch. Cannot emit.” What does this mean? It sounds like an internal warning rather than a warning on my code, is it?

I do not have a small working example for the moment.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, that would be an internal message unrelated to your code. Someone at Intel would need to comment in more detail.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

the "line table" is the internal structure we use in debug builds to associate source line information with blocks of code.  So it sounds like you have -g or -debug options and for some reason or other the compiler is having trouble mapping code back to source lines.  Or source lines + source columns.

What setting do you have for debug?  Is it used consistently across source files during the build? 

Are you forcing inlining, or controlling inlining?

Do you have INCLUDE statements in the sources?

I'm trying to find any options or directives related to generating debug information.  That is what the compiler is complaining about - it's not able to properly create the debug object for your code.  It could be for many reasons.

Try 

-debug extended 

option and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Zaikun
New Contributor I

This is what I was using when that warning occurred. It happened only on macOS. Thank you.  

ifort -warn errors  -auto -no-heap-arrays -stand f03 -standard-semantics -assume norecursion -u -warn all -debug extended -fimplicit-none -traceback -debug-parameters all -fp-stack-check -O1 -ftrapuv -init=snan,array -fpe0 -fpe-all=0 -assume ieee_fpe_flags -fp-trap=divzero,invalid,overflow -c 

> What setting do you have for debug?  Is it used consistently across source files during the build? 

The options are as above. All the options are used on all source files. 

> Are you forcing inlining, or controlling inlining?

No, unless it is implied by the abovementioned options. 

> Do you have INCLUDE statements in the sources?

No.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

one by one, remove and test without

-debug-parameters all

then if it's still failing, replace

-debug extended

with 

-g

Zaikun
New Contributor I

Thank you @Ron_Green. I will try.