Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

ifort omp reduction bug in versions 16.0 and 17.0

Henneking__Stefan

I would like to report a bug in the Intel Compiler/OpenMP implementation of ifort 16.0 and 17.0. I am not sure if it has been reported before, but I could not find anything on it. The file attachment shows a little example that reproduces the bug. It is described in the README file, and implemented in the reduction.F90 file. The bug was reproduced on different systems.

-stefan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

ifort 16 is for sure no longer under development, and I am not sure about ifort 17. I think it also out of cycle. Does the problem appear in ifort 18 and 19 as well?

0 Kudos
Henneking__Stefan

Yes, I am aware that it may be outdated information. In fact, I noticed the bug first in Aug 2018 but had apparently reported it through the wrong channels. To answer your question: In ifort 18 the bug did not occur on the system I tested; I have not yet tried ifort 19.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Bugs in older versions are not fixed if the bug doesn't exist in the current version. If you can't reproduce it in 19, then I recommend using 19.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I tested this in 19 - it is correct there.

0 Kudos